Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 9

File sharing is a great use of Google Docs. I had used it before to do word and excel documents when I needed to go between computers with no working usb port. It is a pretty easy to use interface that makes me love Google even more.

As for the sharing, I had a hard time using it. The site refreshed too quickly and changes were lost. Also on the test one we were to try, I clicked edit, and even though I'm logged in, it wouldn't let me change anything.

Here is a link to an excel file I was working on in my Google docs. I decided not to use sharing but to be able to let others see the file:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p9x_KdS8ONo9-UJcU91sRNQ

I feel that I would need to have control over who has the rights to edit any of my documents, as I have seen commercial spam come into public forums many a time.

No comments:

Jonathan Coulton's Skullcrusher Mountain