Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 18

Youtube is an addicting site that can give you clips from anything you like. My only problem is that the movies are rather low quality, and there is a lot of junk to wade through before getting to the diamonds.

The following is a cute videoclip of a gentleman's 3-year-old daughter describing what she thought happened in the Star Wars movies. It is quite cute and funny, and also falls into my nerdy interest in Star Wars.



I thought this was a great way for people to share information that is freely accessible. I have made training videoclips at other institutions that have used this. However, I would feel safer having our own videos kept at a more secure site.

I did make my own videoclip of our Fall Student Appreciation party in 2007. It was rather easy to upload, but some may want a pay site that has features like editing to make things run better. I tried out some of their new titles features, which I enjoyed. Although I tried it again another day and these options were no longer available. Maybe they are trying them out?

Here is the video I made of our party:



This was really fun for me to do. I can see using this a lot at most libraries, and being free is the right price!

No comments:

Jonathan Coulton's Skullcrusher Mountain