Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thing 23 - The End (or The Beginning!)

As I reflect back upon all the hard work of this 23 Things on a Stick, I realize that there are so many tools that can make connecting with the rest of the world not only easier, but more meaningful. I really liked some of the new social networking tools I discovered in my assignments. I am going to make a daily effort to keep using these, to try my hand at podcasting, and to keep my eyes open to new developments in social networking tools.

23 Things on a Stick has been one of the most refreshing learning experiences in libraries I've been a part of all year. It was completely hands on, and all the learning that happened in it depended upon me. Because of this unique instructional style, I surprisingly learned much more in this self-driven challenge than I have in any other workshop format to date. I can't wait for them to do this with other topics!

I'm sad that it is all over, but excited to get out there and keep using the new knowledge I've gathered so far! Thank you to all those who put this together and got all these Library people around the state to get involved in learning about internet technologies.

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Congratulations on finishing all 23 under the wire! It is great to hear you enjoyed the things and plan on using them.

Watch for more on a stick in fall or winter.

Jonathan Coulton's Skullcrusher Mountain