Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thing 21

In my last post I complained about Myspace and Facebook not being grown up enough for social networking. The two are very popular, and that made them seem like the only options for me. Now that I've tried Ning and Gather I see that there actually are options for me!


View my page on 23 Things on a Stick


I'm having trouble getting the widgets to post to my blog, but I'm going to keep trying even if it makes me crazy! I also added a picture of my Libraries Book Cart Drill team to the Ning. I love the idea of the Ning site, and I'm seriously thinking about making a page for my Anne McCaffrey friends that meet each year in Atlanta. We could have a place to discuss the author, share our trip itineraries, post pictures, and just hang out online. Right now we all use a social networking site devoted to the author, and contact each other through the forum on that page. It is a great way to discuss our interests and make friends online.

I have played with other social networking sites like Project Playlist where I created a list of songs I enjoy. Here is the player if you are interested:

No comments:

Jonathan Coulton's Skullcrusher Mountain